Thinger.io is an Open-Source Platform for the Internet of Things. This documentation helps learning about how to use each component to create awesome projects within minutes.
Thinger.io is a cloud IoT Platform that provides every needed tool to prototype, scale and manage connected products in a very simple way. Our goal is to democratize the use of IoT making it accessible to the whole world, and streamlining the development of big IoT projects.
- Free IoT platform: Thinger.io provides a lifetime freemium account with only few limitations to start learning and prototyping when your product becomes ready to scale, you can deploy a Premium Server with full capacities within minutes.
- Simple but Powerful: Just a couple code lines to connect a device and start retrieving data or controlling its functionalities with our web-based Console, able to connect and manage thousands of devices in a simple way.
- Hardware agnostic: Any device from any manufacturer can be easily integrated with Thinger.io's infrastructure.
- Extremely scalable & efficient infrastructure: thanks to our unique communication paradigm, in which the IoT server subscribes device resources to retrieve data only when it is necessary, a single Thinger.io instance is able to manage thousands of IoT devices with low computational load, bandwidth and latencies.
- Open-Source: most of the platform modules, libraries and APP source code are available in our Github repository to be downloaded and modified with MIT license.
Thinger.io platform is formed by two main products a Backend (which is the actual IoT server) and a web-based Frontend that simplifies working with all the features using any computer or smartphone. The image below shows the main features provides by this platform to create IoT projects.
- Connect devices: Fully compatible with every kind of device, no matter the processor, the network or the manufacturer. Thinger.io allows to create bidirectional communications with Linux, Arduino, Raspberry Pi, or MQTT devices and even with edge technologies like Sigfox or LoRaWAN or other internet API data resources.
- Store Device Data: Just a couple clicks to create a Data Bucket a store IoT data in a scalable, efficient and affordable way, that also allows real-time data aggregation.
- Display Real-time or Stored Data in multiple widgets such as time series, donut charts, gauges, or even custom made representations to create awesome dashboards within minutes.
- Trigger events and data values using an embedded Node-RED rule engine
- Extend with custom features with multiple plugins to integrate IoT projects into your company's software or any other third party Internet service.
- Custom the appearance thanks to our fully rebrandeable frontend, that allows introducing your branding colors, logotypes and web domain
Are you ready to start creating IoT projects? Create here your free account and learn below how to use all this technology.